Jan 27, 2009

Brandon's Birth

We dropped Trey off at Lindsay's house around 6:30 am.
This is our last few minutes together as a family of 3 photo, taken by Linz.


We were 15 minutes late to Labor & Delivery. Got to love I-30 traffic even at 6:45! IV's and monitors hooked up, a quick comment to the nurse and resident that it was MY idea to do this without medication and Dr. Heckman was ready to begin the Version at 8:30. This is extremely painful, my advice is to take the meds!!! Brandon made a half forward roll before slipping back into his cozy spot. Dr. H finally had to stop and begin my epidural as he puts it "I do not like causing people pain."

When everything was nice and numb we began another attempt. Unfortunately, he would not move any further than before. When Dr. H stopped I knew the minute he looked at me...we were having a c-section. Dr. H said he was having to push harder than he was comfortable with and felt we had all made a great attempt. I had to agree. I wanted to avoid the c-section but I knew in my heart we had tried everything in our power to turn Brandon. I just wanted a healthy baby and if this meant having a c-section I was fine with it.

Warren and I were given a few minutes alone during which I had a good cry. I just had to get out all my frustration before I could truly be at peace with the idea. My crying actually turned to laughter when I received a text from Linz, Trey was down for a nap after falling asleep on the tricycle. Knowing my little man was happy hanging out with Linz and her girls put me at ease. Shortly after that text we found out our OR time had moved up from noon to 11:00. Looking back I know the shorter wait time made things much easier.

Warren is just so cute in his scrubs!


My huge bump a few minutes before being wheeled off to the OR. I was already swelling up from the fluids.


We continued to watch the inauguration while we waited and yes it was on during all of the day's events. I was so excited to be delivering my baby boy on such a historic day! The last thing I saw as they wheeled me from labor and delivery to the operation room was Biden raising his hand to be sworn in as Vice-President.

I have to admit the OR was not at all what I expected. I really don't know what I was expecting. Everyone in the room was very sweet and the resident who assisted Dr H. had the music on her I-Phone play. When Warren finally came into the room his first words to me were "Nothing says having a baby like REO Speedwagon." This of course was followed by him asking they not move the screen to block his vision. Yuck! Later he admitted he couldn't stop staring my belly that was now mishapened from the version.

I have to admit the entire procedure was not so bad. I could feel pressure and movement but the only thing that bothered me was the smell from the laser. Everything was going smoothly when suddenly everyone began laughing. Brandon decided to pee all over everyone on his way out!

At 11:36 am cst a 7lb 10oz, 20.75 inch beautiful little boy came into the world.


Anyone curious what song was playing when he was born? (My boy is going to keep on rockin! He's going to make it to the top!)


After a quick exam and toweling off the nurse brought him over to meet his Mommy. His cheeks were so squishy!


He held on tightly to Daddy's finger as they continued his exam.


After passing with flying colors he was back in Daddy's arms while they continued to sew me back up. (Yes his mask is wet from tears of joy.)


Brandon and Daddy sat close as the finished closing the incision.


Before I knew it we were being wheeled into recovery.


(There is more to come but first I need to finish sorting through all my thoughts and rambling from the past week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading everyone's comments!