Oct 29, 2008

Slings and Things Ramblings

I can count on one hand how many times we have used Trey's stroller. There is just something about wearing your little one. As a newborn, you are not stopping constantly to check inside the stroller to make sure they are safe and cozy. Instead, you feel each breathe, you know when they fall asleep, you truly feel and know everything that is happening in their world. Oh, and best of all, Airport Security doesn't make you take them out if they can see between Parent and Child. So much nicer than dealing with a stroller at the check points. Not to mention, it's great for pop and go breastfeeding!

Trey started out in a Moby Wrap and from day one refused to sit in a Hot Sling.

We both loved the Moby but it was just too much work getting it on and making sure we both were comfy. Not to mention, Trey was a July baby and the Moby did get hot.

With Trey being such a large baby, we moved on to an Ergo fairly quickly. Side note: I love love the Ergo Back Pack! This is a favorite of Trey and I. I am currently 6 months pregnant and can still wear my 30lbs guy on my back. (5 months in the photo)

Granted, getting him in and bouncing him to the back on my own with the bump is not happening. It's honestly better on my body than bending down and walking hand in hand.

Brandon will definitely find himself in the Ergo but I think this time we are going to start out in a ring sling. Yes I could get a newborn insert for the ergo but I just think the Ring Sling will make breastfeeding easier. So, after all that rambling, we are where I was heading...I am making my own Ring Sling! The problem is I can not make up my mind! What color do I want? Do I want to use a solid or pattern? Maybe I should make 2. This is way too much for my preggo brain to handle at the moment. I did decide on simple Aluminum Rings from Sling Rings!

1 comment:

  1. Coolness. Man, I wish I were a crafty person. How 'bout you just pass it down to me since I'm not. LOL! (I really will have another child... ONE day...)

    ReplyDelete

We love reading everyone's comments!