Nov 21, 2008

Baby Updates

Yesterday I had a visit with the OB. Brandon was so active he sounded like a galloping horse over the doppler. We're just two peas in a pod since I'm walking around like a cowboy. He is doing great and Mommy was given magic pills to make her Braxton Hicks Contraction go away. We still have a ton of pelvic pressure (the joys of low babies) but our exam shows no signs of early labor. Yay!! In short, I am suppose to slow down. Is that even possible with a toddler? I guess that means it's Daddy's job to do the chasing at night.

Trey has figured out how to truly throw a tantrum. No more carefully laying down on the floor and whimpering softly with his tushy wiggling in the air. No, we now stand in the middle of the room, throw our head back and screams so loud I am sure someone is going to call CPS. Luckily, he figures out we are not going to give in and he calms himself down pretty fast moving on with his day. Who would have guessed the color of his sippy cup could matter so much.

He is also mastering crawling down the stairs all by himself. He can do it, it's more a matter of Mommy can no longer carry him up or down the stairs. He is also now walking up the stairs holding a hand on the wall instead of crawling up the stairs. We are still working on potty training but it is coming along nicely.

Trey's Hideout!


I am currently sorting, washing and hanging all of the 0-6 month clothing. I still need to make room in the "kids" cabinet for the bottles and sort our baby supplies. It is looking like we are pretty set for the newest member of our family but this morning I began a list of items we need to buy over the next few months. Isn't it amazing how much less you need after the first one?! Having another boy makes it even easier. With the first one being a summer baby I am thinking it's just a matter of a few key items to make outfits a tad warmer, especially since I already have things like a double stroller.

I'd really appreciate it if a few of you beautiful Mamas would take a look and give me a few pointers. I really have no idea what I need for a winter newborn!

2 comments:

  1. Make your own babylegs, I know you can. Ppl like me have to buy them, but don't waste your money if you can sew at all.
    Did you not have a Boppy before? Kasen still plays with his. It is a nice thing to have, but of course any old pillow will work.
    Are you totally excited? It's getting so close!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking all over for cute socks to make into babylegs. You know it kills me to pay $12 on something I can make myself. I am even making my own pouch and ring slings this time. Goodbye Moby! I love my sewing machine!! Anyways, if I were having a girl I'd be set but it is harder to find boyish socks other than solids. I should probably check the fabric store now that they are bringing in the warmer fabrics.

    Isn't it funny how they still play with the weirdest things from when they were itty bitty! Trey still likes to sit in his Bumbo while he "Reads" his books. It always gets stuck on his booty when he gets back up. I used a regular pillow with Trey but found myself constantly having to adjust during feedings because the pillow seemed to move or get flat. It worked great for everything else I just really wish I had one to help position him during feedings. I figure after to babies I could treat myself to a boppy, if I was really lucky a little lifting and tucking. LOL!

    I am so excited! Can you believe in 6 weeks I can safely deliver?! This pregnancy has definitely seemed longer than Trey's but now I look back and feel like it flew by. I can't wait for you guys to decide it is time to start on #2, then 3 and 4!

    ReplyDelete

We love reading everyone's comments!