Nov 5, 2008

Barriers are broken!



I am so proud of our country! The words are so hard to find but I am so happy my son witnessed this monumental moment in history! As parents, Warren and I, wish to raise our children to accept everyone based solely on their character. Last night, our country stood up and set a wonderful example for our children. We acknowledged it is time to put past prejudices behind us. Putting political beliefs aside, this is a wonderful day in our history. We as Americans elected our first black President! It's a beautiful moment as we unite to move past the prejudices of our country's past and move forward to a new day.

The evening was filled with so many emotions. McCain, though not my pick, blew me away with his concession speech. I think it could easily be his most moving speech. "Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans" - McCain.

We witnessed race barriers disappear as celebration united our country. Dr. King's dream came true!


UPDATE:
I am very disappointed to see the bans on gay marriage approved in Arizona, California and Florida. I must say Arkansas' ban on unmarried couples becoming adoptive or foster parents is sickening. Why deprive a child of a loving home? We just have to remind ourselves, "This too shall pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading everyone's comments!